- DISTANCE: 9 km.
- DIFFICULTY:Low. None worthy of mentio
- ACCUMULATED ASCENDING LEVEL: 500 mt.
- ACCUMULATED DESCENDING LEVEL: 550 mt.
- ESTIMATED TIME OF GOING: 2:30 hrs.
- ESTIMATED TIME COMING BACK: – hrs.
- NATURE RESERVES WITHIN THE TRAIL: Parque Natural de Cumbre Vieja.
- RECOMMENDED TIME OF THE YEAR:All round year.
- BASIC RECOMMENDATIONS: Habitual precautions common to hiking in general are listed below. At the risk of sounding obvious, here are some of the most important:
- Check weather forecasts before setting off to hike.
- Don´t go alone.
- Tell someone your intended destination and expected time of arrival.
- Carry a small rucksack with warm clothing, waterproofs, food and plenty of water.
- Don´t forget such simple items as: sun hat, protective cream and sun glasses.
- Carry a mobile phone with fully-charged battery, a map and, if possible, a compass. They will probably never be used but, when required, are of vital importance.
- Wear suitable gear, especially footwear: trekking boots or similar are essential, trainers or pumps are to be avoided, habitual precautions common to hiking in general are listed below.
- OBSERVACIONES: It is wise to avoid periods of heavy rain. The route is of sufficient entity in itself and not usually combined with others. However, here are a few ideas:
1.From Santa Cruz along the PR LP 1 for about 2 hours, then connection to this path in the Botazo area.
2. From Santa Cruz along the GR 130 for about 1h 45min to San Pedro and from there 10 minutes along the road to the start of this path.